RULES & REGULATIONS:
- MEMBERS must be at least 21 years of age, as documented by a current government issued picture ID.
- Cellular phones must be set to silent/vibrate or turned off inside the Oakland Whiskey Library. All phone calls must take place outside of The Oakland Whiskey Library.
- MEMBERS and guests are expected to present in a clean, neat, and tasteful manner. “Smart Casual” is the baseline dress code. Shorts, T-shirts, workout clothes, and flip flops are not permitted.
- MEMBERS arriving at the club intoxicated will not be admitted.
- MEMBERS who are judged to be intoxicated during their visit will not be served for the remainder of the evening.
- Smoking or vaping are prohibited.
- Fireworks, flames, smoke, or pyrotechnics of any kind are prohibited.
- Glitter or confetti IS NOT permitted.
- Pets, other than licensed service animals, are not permitted.
- Outside food brought to the Oakland Whiskey Library must be approved by management. Messy or strong smelling food is never permitted.
- MEMBER agrees to abide by all The Oakland Whiskey Library’s CODE OF CONDUCT. Disobeying this code of conduct could result in refusal of admission or immediate ejection as well as temporary suspension or permanent termination of membership.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Members agree to communicate with one another and staff with respectful language, tone, and volume.
- Members agree to treat all property belonging to the Oakland Whiskey Library and its members with respect and care.
- Members agree to dress in Smart Casual attire as a baseline. Increasingly formal attire is welcome.
- Members agree to have their cell phones set to silent or vibrate and to take all phone calls outside of the club.
- While members are encouraged to socialize with one another, members must respect another’s choice to have private conversation with their party,
- Members agree to moderate their alcohol intake.
- Tipping the bartender is customary. Gratuity is not included in the membership or locker rental fees.
- Members agree to take responsibility for their guests abiding by Oakland Whiskey Library rules, regulations, and code of conduct.
Oakland Whiskey Library upholds a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on the following. Members displaying any of the following behaviors will be required to leave the premises immediately and risk suspension or permanent termination of their membership.
- Discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or religion.
- Sexual Harassment
- Verbal Threats or Intimidation
- Physical Threats or Intimidation
- Physical Violence
- Non-consensual touching of another person
- Hate speech of any kind
- Excessive Intoxication
- MEMBER/GUEST agrees to indemnify, defend and hold The Oakland Whiskey Library, its officers and employees harmless from and against any and all liability for 1) injury to any persons, 2) physical damage to any property 3) lost or stolen property, or 4) violation of any law or regulation occurring on or off The Oakland Whiskey Library’s premises, arising out of the member’s visitation of the Oakland Whiskey Library and attributable to the negligent or intentional acts of the MEMBER/GUEST, its agents and invitees. This indemnification does not apply to liability to the extent it is due to the negligence or willful misconduct of The Oakland Whiskey Library, its officers or employees.
- MEMBER/GUEST will be held liable and charged for vandalism or damages to the venue or another member’s/guests person or property caused by severely negligent, reckless, or intentionally destructive behavior.